Just about anybody can build a brand on Instagram these days, but building a memorable brand that is worth following? Now that is an art form in itself!
Today we want to share some insights that we’ve learnt through our own journey, as well as what we’ve seen from our community of creative business owners. Here’s what we’ve learned about businesses who have successfully used Instagram to grow their own recognisable, follow-worthy brands.
Get comfy, because this is one heck of a blog post!
HOW TO BUILD A BRAND ON INSTAGRAM
In the words of Neil Patel, “On Facebook, only 32% of users engage with brands on a regular basis. When it comes to Instagram, on the other hand, 68% of users regularly engage with brands. That’s more than double the opportunity.”
And Neil is SO right.
There is so much opportunity to build a brand on Instagram and go from being a small business or start-up to a well known, ‘Instagram famous’ brand. Or even more famous than that… a household name.
But how in the world do you get to that point?
Today, we aren’t going to go over the basics of setting up your Instagram profile for success. If you’d like help with perfecting things like your bio description and Instagram grid theme, here is a good blog post to start with.
Instead, we’re going to delve deep into brand strategy to make sure that you stand out on the ‘gram in a way that will help your people to find you.
Excited? You should be! Let’s jump right into the goods.
BRAND FOUNDATIONS ON INSTAGRAM
Instagram is a competitive platform; with over 1 billion users, there is a lot of people posting content that you will need to compete with for attention.
And in this modern world? Just a few minutes of attention is incredibly valuable.
To build a brand on Instagram that is successful means to create one that people are drawn to. A brand that is interesting, and a brand that offers something worth trading time for.
Say whaaaat? Yep – you read that right.
When someone is looking at your Instagram post and leaving a comment, they are trading their precious time with you. They are saying ‘instead of spending my time over here, I am going to check out the content you’ve created because it is valuable for me’.
Instagram content can be valuable in different ways, for different people. Here are a few reasons why a piece of content could be seen as ‘valuable’.
- * It’s entertaining
- * It’s educational
- * It’s motivational
- * It’s interesting
Your Instagram content as a brand has to be both valuable and high-quality if you really want to be discovered and compete with the pre-existing brands that dominate your industry.
High-quality Instagram content is visually appealing; photography with good lighting, an interesting contrast, and video content that has been well produced.
EXAMPLES OF HOW TO BUILD A BRAND ON INSTAGRAM
Just take a peek at some of the most well-known ‘Instagram Famous’ brands and you can clearly see that they have strong brand foundations.
Feeling inspired? We hope so!
Now is the perfect time to build a brand on Instagram, let’s keep on moving…
CREATING A MEMORABLE INSTAGRAM BRAND
A truly memorable Instagram brand is one that has a strong connection with their customers and followers.
Why? Well, because they’re the ones who are keeping you in business!
The most memorable brands are the ones that put effort into creating connections with their community through their efforts online and offline.
So, how can you build a brand on Instagram that is memorable? Here are a few ideas for you:
- * Send out hand-written thank you cards to people who share the love for your brand consistently in your comments section or via Instagram Stories
- * Have a brand hashtag and re-post content from your community and let them know that you appreciate them
- * Respond to all of your comments, always, and have a bit of fun with them. Don’t be afraid to start chit-chatty conversations on social media – they’re not a waste of time, they help you to build relationships and brand trust
- * Put effort into your customer service both on social media and behind closed doors
INCREASING YOUR INSTAGRAM FOLLOWING
Now we’ve finally come to the golden question.
How can you build a brand on Instagram and increase your following quickly?
Well, all we have to say is Rome wasn’t built in a day!
Sure there are plenty of growth hacks for Instagram Stories and gaining followers that you can try, but the best thing that you can do is master the basics of Instagram.
Master your hashtags, create quality content, connect with your community, and repeat.
Buuuuut… if you really want some tips for creating viral Instagram content so you can build a brand on Instagram fast…. Here is a blog that can help.
We upload fresh new blog content three times a week to help you to build a brand on Instagram that is successful and profitable. Make sure to come back for more of our content!
PSST –> Want to win Plann free for life? Register here to be in the running!