Plann is your Complete Instagram Suite where you can curate beautiful feeds and is a fast, effective way to schedule and post to your Instagram feed in advance.
When you use Plann you’ll inevitably share some information with us but it is safe (we don’t sell it!).
We understand this can affect your privacy so we’ll be upfront about what we collect, how we use it and the choices we give you to control, access and update your information.
Information We Automatically Receive
When you use Plann, we’ll collect information like your Instagram username, your connected Facebook Pages, when you use the Plann website and app, and how you’ve used them.
We might know, for instance, that you ended up spending hours planning out your feed, and how many posts you had to reschedule because they were missed, or how many images you uploaded at once. We’ll learn from you how we can make your life easier.
Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use Plann:
- ▪ Usage Information
- ▪ We record your session whilst using Plann and collect information about your activity.
- ▪ For example, we may collect information about:
- How you interact with the website and app, such as how often you open it and how long you spend organising your feed.
- When you share your images to Instagram, such as the date, time or how often you get a reminder that your post is late.
- Where you may be having difficulty with specific features of Plann and bugs that need to be fixed.
- ▪ Content Information
- ▪ We’re a little interested in what you post about, so we might have a look at your posts just to see what the overall Instagram community is trending towards.
- ▪ We collect the content you provide and information about trends, such as hashtags, post topics and colour schemes of images (we will never sell, share, lease or use your images – they will always remain your property).
- ▪ Camera and Photos
- ▪ Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. We’ll never access the camera or photos unless you give us your consent to do so.
- ▪ Location Information
- ▪ When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- ▪ Log Information
- ▪ We collect log file information when you use our services.
- ▪ That information includes, among other things:
- ▪ details about how you’ve used our app
- ▪ access times
- ▪ pages viewed
- ▪ IP address
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect?
The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing product that we relentlessly improve!
But we do a lot more as well, such as:
- ▪ Develop, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
- ▪ Communicate with you
- ▪ Monitor and analyse trends and usage
- ▪ Personalise the services
- ▪ Enhance the safety and security of our services
We may store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as a local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
We welcome Plann users from all over the world, but please keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our social media app, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries.
We may also reference your Name, Logo and Instagram username as a user of Plann.
EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Plann is a “Data Controller”, which simply means that we decide how data is used and how to process it.
“Data Subjects” are human beings, and you have the right to tell us what to do with your personal data, so we will always ask for your consent.
The GDPR provides you with these specific rights:
- ▪ The Right of Access.
- ▪ The Right to Rectification.
- ▪ The Right to Erasure.
- ▪ The Right to Restrict Data.
- ▪ The Right to Object.
- ▪ The Right to Data Portability.
- ▪ The Right not to be Subject to Automated Decision Making.
- ▪ The Right to Complain.
Plann retains your data only for as long as is necessary, or long enough required to comply with any legal obligations or agreements, and resolving issues. Plann may also analyse your usage data over short periods of time for internal purposes.
If you would like us to remove all of your data or have questions about this, just let us know at email@example.com.
Security Breaches – Sharing Accounts
Plann is not responsible for any security breaches if you are sharing accounts with team members.
If a user chooses to share their login details with another Plann user, that is their decision to do so and Plann will not be liable for any damage caused.
For example, one user who deletes all of the work, a user revoking access to Plann to other users, or changes passwords and locks out other users.
Plann gives teams the ability to run an account more efficiently and will take no responsibility for trying to retain access, discover or locate images.
Please ensure you have set up your own internal policies and contractual agreements if this feature is required.
We will only ever ask for a simple email address when compiling a mailing list for promotional or announcement purposes and will never share or use your email address for any reason other than intended. When you sign up for a mailing list on this site, your email is securely stored for the sole purpose of delivering important updates to you and nothing more.
Cookies types are generally “persistent” (have a set expiration date) or “session” (deleted when you close the web page) and we may use both.
These can be disabled through your web browser however do impact the use of our site.
Plann also uses analytics services such as Google Analytics, which gather information about websites.
Links to Other Websites
Our site contains links to other websites and Plann is not responsible for their individual privacy policies, so we recommend you review their respective privacy statements.
We don’t direct our Services to anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.
If you have any questions about our policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on 1 January 2019.