Good news, everyone!
After months and months of waiting, Instagram has finally unveiled insights for Reels and Live.
No longer do we have to rely solely on likes, comments, and a number of plays. There is now an entire dashboard giving you all the tea on why your latest Reel flopped or took off faster than Usain Bolt.
But that’s not all.
Nay, nay. The Instagram Gods gifted us a double whammy.
We also have IG Live Insights and a new and improved Instagram Insights Dashboard.
Ready to take a deeper dive into your analytics? Here’s everything you need to know about the new Instagram Reels and Live insights!
New Instagram Reels Insights Explained
Has your account EXPLODED as a result of your daily or weekly Reeling? Or maybe you quite haven’t figured out how to get on the Reels engagement train?
The new Reels Insights will help you keep doing more of what’s working or help you figure out what to ditch.
Here are the new Reels analytics and what each one means:
• Accounts Reached: How many unique accounts watched your Reel at least once
• Plays: The total number of times your Reel was watched, including replays
• Likes: How many unique accounts double-tapped and liked your post
• Comments: The number of comments on your Reel
• Saves: The number of times someone tapped the bookmark icon and added your Reel to a collection
• Shares: The number of times a user shared your Reel to their Instagram Story or sent it to another user via DM
How to View Reels Insights
The quickest and easiest way to view your Reels Insights is to go to a Reel and tap on ‘View Insights’. You’ll find this option on your Feed grid as well as the Reels section on your profile.
If you’re looking for Insights from the Reel section, tap the three dots to pull up the menu options.
Once you do, a new page will pop up, and you’ll see the analytics for that specific Reel.
Not seeing metrics for your Reels? It’s probably because it’s only available for Business and Creator Accounts. It takes less than five minutes to switch, and you’ll get access to all the other Instagram analytics.
New IG Live Insights Explained
In the days gone by, your Live would just end.
There were no analytic to tell you how it performed. Nothing.
Sure, you had the option to share your Live to IGTV, but there was no data for you to review.
Luckily those days are behind us, and Instagram rolled out all the analytics we’ve been missing.
Here’s what account insights you’ll see at the end of your Live:
• Accounts Reached: The total number of unique accounts who watched your Live
• Peak Concurrent Viewers: The highest number of accounts that were watching your Live at the same time
• Comments: The total number of comments on your Live
• Shares: The total number of times someone shared your Live to their Stories or with another account
How to View IG Live Insights
Once you end your Live, a message will pop up on your screen with four options:
1. Share to IGTV
2. View insights
3. Download video
4. Delete video
Tap on ‘View Insights’, and a screen will load with your Live Video Insights
The New Instagram Insights Dashboard
Besides the new analytics available for Reels and IG Live, Instagram has also upgraded the Insights dashboard.
On the new Insights Overview, you can see:
• A breakdown of the content you’ve shared (Posts, Stories, Reels etc.)
• Accounts Reached
• Content Interactions
• Total Followers
Tap on ‘Accounts Reached,’ and you’ll see a dashboard that shows you:
• Total accounts reached: Followers vs Non-Followers
• Content Type reach: Total accounts reached for each content type
• Top Posts, Stories, Reels, IG Live by reach
Tap on ‘Content Interactions”’ and you’ll see a dashboard that shows you:
• Post Interactions: Likes, comments, saves, and shares.
• Story Interactions: Replies and shares
• Reels Interactions: Likes, comments, saves, and shares.
• IGTV and Live Video Interactions
This new Instagram Insights dashboard gives Creators even more transparency around which types of content work best and the types of accounts you’re reaching.
But that’s not all!
Instagram said in a statement: “Over the coming months, we will also begin rolling out new preset time frame options in Insights, expanding beyond the last 7 and 30 days. We’ll also begin supporting Insights on desktop.”
Get More Insight into Your Instagram Performance
Is Instagram Insights not giving you the data you’re looking for? Upgrade to a paid Plann account today and get even more analytics on your overall Instagram performance.
Tap on ‘Results’, and you’ll learn things like:
• Your best and worst-performing colour palette
• The dominant colours in your feed
• Your average engagement rate
• Your completion rate for Stories
• Best performing hashtags
• Mentions and more!
Ready to take your Instagram strategy to the next level? Start your free trial of Plann today.