New to hashtags or need a refresher after constant social media updates?
We know, it’s hard to constantly keep up! *shakes fist* so we’ve put together a quick guide on how hashtags work in 2020 and beyond.
There can be so many ‘ins and outs’ of best hashtag etiquette that it can make you want to tear your hair out. Like, “How many hashtags should I use? and” “Where do I put my hashtags?” and “how do I not what hashtags to use?” Quite frankly, It can be enough to send you spiralling into hashtag hell! The good news is, hashtags don’t need to be hard and complicated!
From where to go to find them to the best sized-ones to use, we’ve hashed out everything you need to know about using hashtags on Instagram.
Everything you need to know about the basics of hashtags
Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is actually the point of hashtags
- Where should I even start with hashtags?
- When should I post my hashtags?
- Where should I post my hashtags?
- How many hashtags am I allowed to use per post?
- How many hashtags should I use on Instagram?
- How I find hashtags to use on Instagram?
- Why don’t big accounts use hashtags on Instagram?
- What size hashtags should I use?
- Should I use my name as one of my hashtags?
- Why do some websites suggest really popular hashtags like #f4f or #instagood?
- What happens if I use spammy hashtags on Instagram?
- How do I know if hashtags are spammy?
- Can I use a hashtag in a comment on someone else’s Instagram feed?
- Should I use the same hashtags every day?
- How can I easily change up my hashtags?
- How many hashtags should I have in a set?
- Should I create a branded hashtag?
- Should I put a hashtag in my Instagram bio?
- Can I use hashtags in my Instagram stories?